Leather purse and belt making
Please note this is a change of course name and content from the advertised Leatherwork: axe and knife sheath on this date.
Leather worker Ruth Pullan specialises in creating hand stitched bags and accessories using high quality British materials. Join her for this workshop which will give you the basic skills needed to make a leather belt and a simple coin purse. With these skills you will then be able to go on to make bags, simple sandals and shoes as well as repairs to existing things you might have which need a bit of TLC!
You will learn about and how to:
• condition natural vegetable tanned leather
• stitch using the two needle traditional saddler's stitch
• bevel and burnish raw edges for a professional finish
• fit buckles and fastenings
• learn where leather comes from and how to make better choices when buying leather products
Ruth Pullan is a leatherworker based in Yorkshire who specialises in hand stitched leather work using British materials and traditional techniques.
Refundable up to two weeks prior to course (minus £30 admin fee) No refunds for cancellations within two weeks of course.